HRA's Spring Legal Update (Part 2) presented by Neil Dishman
Join us for Part 2 of our Annual Legal Update with Neil Dishman, our Legislative Director and a lawyer at Jackson Lewis P.C. In this interactive discussion, Neil will update the audience on issues discussed during Part 1 back in our March meeting, including:
- COVID-19 hot topics, including the latest on how employers are handling employee vaccinations
- More detail on SB1480, a new Illinois law that has turned the worlds of both criminal background checks and pay equity upside down
- Illinois’ Biometric Information Privacy Act; the surge of class actions continues
- The future of non-compete agreements in Illinois
- New legislation proposed for the second half of 2021
- Plenty of time for Q&A!
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Neil H. Dishman, Principal at Jackson Lewis P.C.
Neil H. Dishman is a Principal in the Chicago, Illinois, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. His business is helping employers prevent and resolve disputes with their employees. Neil helps employers reduce risk and minimize legal costs by giving advice on difficult personnel decisions before litigation ensues. When litigation is unavoidable, he helps employers protect their assets and reputations by vigorously and efficiently defending them from employee lawsuits. Neil counsels and defends employers on a wide spectrum of issues, including race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability and sexual orientation discrimination; sexual harassment; retaliatory discharge; Family and Medical Leave; and wage-hour compliance. He assists employers in a wide variety of industries, with particular experience in the property management, non-profit, manufacturing, and healthcare fields.
This program has been submitted for 1.5 PDCs through SHRM and 1.5 PDCs (HR General Credit) through HRCI.Register Now
$10.00 For HRA Members
$15.00 Guest Fee